Tag: 0571杭州夜网

Prince Wleh’s Alleged Killer on the Run

first_imgThe man identified as the prime suspect in the murder of 27-year-old footballer Prince Toby Wleh is reportedly on the run from justice.Kayee Dargbe, 27, of New Kru Town left his residence after information leaked that he was being sought by police for questioning, the Daily Observer learnt Sunday, March 9.He reportedly sold personal items, including a television set to a neighbor for L$2,000 (US$24).According to a police source, Dargbe’s name was leaked by two men — the gun owner and his associate — who are presently in police custody.Our source revealed that the gun owner’s associate turned himself in to the police and said since the murder of Prince Wleh last weekend, “his conscience had been bothering him”.The associate reportedly told police that he had been in possession of the gun when the owner called and instructed him to give the weapon to the three men who allegedly carried out the murder.The associate said he delivered the gun to the men as instructed by the owner. The three men then asked him (the associate) to go along with them because “something big” was involved.The Daily Observer learned the suspect claimed he refused to go along with the three men, but “delivered the gun to them as instructed by the owner.”He said he removed three of the four bullets from the gun. When the three men returned the gun sometime later, however, it was empty.The associate said when the news broke that night and the next day that Prince Toby Wleh (Solaris) had been shot and killed, he knew who had done it.He also claimed he did not know the reason behind the killing of Prince Toby Wleh.“He said his conscience bothered him so much afterwards that he had no option but to go to the nearby Police Depot, in Tweh Farm, and report himself,” the source said.The owner of the weapon, whose name was not given to the Daily Observer, was also identified and Police took him into custody.Kayee Dargbe’s father, Hixen Dargbe, who works with Interburgor of Monrovia, told the Daily Observer at his New Kru Town residence on Sunday, March 9, that his son had been living on his own for the last five years.Mr. Dargbe admitted Kayee had been involved in violent activities, which had compelled him to ask his son not to come around the rest of his family.“I have younger children and I don’t want his bad character to affect them,” Mr. Dargbe said.He also said his son has been a bodybuilder and has gotten the nickname ‘Like-a-Blow’ in the community.“The last time I heard anything from him was when his landlord came to me saying that his rent money was finishing,” he said, adding, “I told the landlord he is a man on his own.”He said his son works as a motorbike rider, and has been living with his (unidentified) fiancée in the Funday area of New Kru Town.Prince Toby Wleh was shot and killed last Friday night and four mobile phones were found on his body.The victim’s family has been devastated, not knowing why he was murdered. Known as ‘Solaris,’ he was expected to have been awarded as the Most Valuable Player and Highest Scorer on March 2, following the conclusion of a community tournament sponsored by Rep. Edward Forh.So far, of the three suspects, only Dargbe has been identified. The other two suspects are still at large.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Hours after parole, driver kills three

first_img The tow truck struck two power poles and temporarily knocked out electricity in parts of the city. Witnesses told police they heard a sickening crash. “I was getting ready to eat my dinner, and bang! I heard a big explosion,” said Tom Ybarra, 79, a City Council member who lives nearby. “There were people laying down on the street. There were three dead people. All the lights went out.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Bermudez was released earlier Thursday from Salinas Valley State Prison, where he had served 12 months for a parole violation involving a previous rape conviction, Rodino said. Police allege he stole the tow truck at a repair shop in Huntington Park and then sped through the streets of Vernon, a small industrial community south of Los Angeles. Several vehicles were struck at one location, but no one was hurt. Moments later, the tow truck barreled into the bus stop as the driver tried to get around an idling bus, police said. The couple killed had children ranging in age from 8 to 18. The single mother had a 13-year-old child. Their identities were withheld pending notification of family members. Eight other people were injured, including a 20-year-old man who was in grave condition. Two other men, ages 52 and 29, were in critical condition, and a 47-year-old woman was in serious condition, said hospital spokeswoman Adelaida De La Cerda. The conditions of the other four victims weren’t immediately available. A man who killed a single mother and a couple with seven children when he crashed a stolen tow truck into a bus stop had been released from prison hours earlier, police said Friday. Police were investigating the cause of Thursday’s crash. The driver, Raymond Bermudez, 29, was taken into custody and treated for undisclosed injuries, police said. Homicide charges were expected to be sought, Vernon police Lt. James Rodino said. Toxicology tests were planned to determine whether the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. last_img read more